Vanilla sweet cream cold foam is a popular topping added to cold drinks at Starbucks. Cold foam only needs three ingredients and one minute; it is that easy!
This copycat recipe shows how to prepare homemade vanilla sweet cream cold foam. You will only need two ingredients to prepare cream foam and use it as a topping for iced coffee and cold brew. It is a slightly sweet and OH-SO-DELICIOUS foam that is yummy but tastes even better when added to your iced beverages.
What is Sweet Cream Cold Foam?
For an extra charge, you can top any icy drink with sweet cream cold foam at Starbucks. Generally, cold foam is made using milk, syrup, and cream. Sweet cream cold foam is Starbucks takes sweet cream, froth it up, and puts it on top of drinks to make them even better!
- Milk- For this copycat recipe, you can use regular or plant-based milk; however, the go-to choice is 2% milk. Since the heavy cream is rich, 2% milk will thin it out. Other alternatives include skim or whole milk.
- Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream is the main ingredient to nail Starbucks cold foam recipe. You can use half and half or heavy whipping cream. It will froth up nicely to create a perfect velvety texture.
- Vanilla Syrup – If you plan to prepare homemade vanilla syrup, you need extra ingredients. This vanilla syrup can be easily made by mixing an equal amount of sugar and water. Add vanilla extract to the mix, and you will have homemade vanilla syrup. You can also use any bottled brand of vanilla syrup, such as Torani, Starbucks, Monin, etc.
While this sweet cream cold foam recipe is delightful, you can try plenty more flavors and customizations.
- Vegan – This cold foam recipe can be converted to a vegan version using plant-based milk and canned coconut cream. Make sure the cream is not sweetened. Coconut cream offers a creamy texture while ensuring the cold foam is vegan.
- Skim or Almond milk – Low-fat milk froths easily, so the original recipe uses 2% milk. Likewise, skim, almond, coconut, oat, and whole milk are good alternatives for the Starbucks cold foam recipe.
- Vanilla – Vanilla extract in place of vanilla syrup is an easy swap.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sweet cream mixes simple cream, milk, and vanilla before frothing. It can be added to your coffee drinks as is. To turn it into a sweet cream foam, whip it until it’s pillowy and delicious.
For the cold foam recipe, Starbucks uses non-fat milk (skim). The less fat in the milk ensures that larger bubbles are created. A splash of regular milk or another type of milk (almond milk, oat, etc. can also be added, creating a firmer foam.
Yes, it is possible to make this sweet cream cold foam recipe using a creamer; however, the best flavor and texture come from using heavy cream. Coffee creamers like oat milk will work, but the air bubbles might be smaller and fall flat faster.
Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Starbucks Vanilla Cold Foam Recipe
- 1 Handheld frother
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- Froth: Combine heavy cream, milk, and vanilla syrup. Froth using your preferred frother until you have created a thick foam. Then, top your preferred beverage with cold foam.