Medeterrian rose lemonade recipe is a simple lemon drink with a touch of rose sryup, adding a slightly floral flavor. The sweetness of the rose helps balance out the tartness of the lemonade. This drink is perfect for hot summer days, Easter, bridal, and baby showers. Make this drink at home in under two minutes using premade ingredients, or make it from scratch in under 10 minutes.
If you are a fan of rose scents, you will love rose lemonade! This favored Middle Eastern drink blends the flavor of tart, sweet, and floral by mixing rose petals, simple syrup, and lemonade. My recommendation is to go light on the rose flavor. If you use too much, the drink will taste perfumy, and no one likes to drink perfume!
What is Rose Lemonade?
Rose lemonade combines fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, rose, and sometimes edible rose petals. Rose lemonade can be enjoyed individually or made into the perfect pitcher drink to share with friends. It is usually served in a glass with ice and a slice of lemon, and club soda can be mixed in for an added bit of fizz.
With its depth of flavor and delicate aroma, rose lemonade is a perfect homemade lemonade, along with other variations such as lavender, blueberry, and floral lemonade.
History of Rose Lemonade
Dating back centuries rose water has its roots firmly in Persian culture. Over time the popularity of rose water has spread to the Middle East, India, and Europe.
In Lebanese cuisine, rose water is often added to pastries, including kellaj Ramadan, baklava, and rose water pudding (mahalabia).
Starting Point Considerations
This recipe can be made using any one of the four combinations listed below. The time it takes to make any combination can vary between 2 and 10 minutes.
- Store-bought lemonade and store-bought rose simple syrup.
- Store-bought lemonade and homemade rose simple syrup.
- Homemade lemonade and store-bought rose simple syrup.
- Homemade lemonade and homemade simple syrup.
My personal preferred method is number 3, Homemade lemonade and store-bought rose simple syrup that I order on Amazon.
|Premade Lemonade||Purchase your favorite premade brand|
|Premade Rose Syrup||Use any premade syrup. I recommend Monin|
|Homemade Lemonade |
|1 cup sugar (simple syrup)|
1 cup water (simple syrup)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 to 3 cups cold water
|Homemade Rose Syrup|
|⅔ cup water|
⅔ cup sugar
¼ cup dried edible rose petals
In addition to the ingredients, consider garnishing rose lemonade to bring the wow factor. Here are a few ideas.
- Edible rose petals
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Rosemary sprigs
To make an individual drink, fill a glass with ice. Combine 8 ounces of lemonade and 1-2 tablespoons of rose syrup. Stir to mix well. Garnish as desired.
How to Make Rose Simple Syrup
Combine water, granulated sugar, and dried rose petals in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely, creating a simple syrup. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
How to Make Lemonade
Extract the juice from 4 - 6 fresh lemons using a citrus or lemon squeezer. Combine the lemon juice, infused rose simple syrup, and cold water in a pitcher. Stir well to ensure the flavors are evenly mixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enjoy rose lemonade in the same way you would enjoy traditional lemonade. This version is similar but with a slightly floral flavor. If you are looking for Mediterranean recipes, visit my Mediterranean mezza page.
Yes, you can use rose petals from your yard, but with caution. First, you must ensure the variety is edible and the flower is free of pesticides and chemicals. If you are not 100% sure of this, purchase organic edible dried rose petals.
No, pink lemonade and rose lemonade are not the same. While both beverages are pink, they are made using different ingredients. Pink lemonade is typically made by adding red food coloring or red fruit juice. On the other hand, rose lemonade is made by infusing rose petals or rose syrup into lemonade.
Yes, you absolutely can make rose lemonade into an adult beverage. Use your preferred brand. I recommend using an unflavored vodka.
- 1 Small saucepan
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 lemon juice extractor Optional - Only needed for homemade lemonade
Drink - Overall Measurements
- 8 ounces lemonade
- 1-2 tablespoons rose simple syrup
Homemade Rose Simple Syrup
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup edible rose petals loosely packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 - 4 cups cold water
ROSE LEMONADE - Overall Instructions
- Fill a glass with ice. Combine lemonade and rose syrup. Garnish as desired.
Homemade Rose Simple Syrup Instructions
- Combine water, granulated sugar, and edible dried rose petals in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Pour the simple syrup through a mesh strainer to remove the rose petals.1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, ¼ cup edible rose petals
Homemade Lemonade Instructions
- Combine water and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly. While the syrup is cooling, juice one cup of lemons. Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, and cold water.1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 3 - 4 cups cold water, ⅔ cup sugar, ⅔ cup water
- Store-bought lemonade and store-bought rose simple syrup
- Store-bought lemonade and homemade rose simple syrup
- Homemade lemonade and store-bought rose simple syrup
- Homemade lemonade and homemade simple syrup.