Move over Pumpkin Spice Latte; Apple crisp oatmilk macchiato is Starbucks' newest addition to the fall menu. Made with apple brown sugar syrup, this coffee drink combines the sweetness of brown sugar and the tartness of apples. The recipe is full of cozy fall flavors and is as good as if you bought it at Starbucks.
If you want to switch things up from a regular pumpkin spiced latte, then Starbucks' new drink, apple crisp oatmilk macchiato, is the one for you. It is vegan-friendly, satisfyingly creamy, sweet, and frothy. It also is the perfect autumn coffee-based drink!
The rich, caramel apple vibe from this drink makes it flavorful, and the minimal effort involved in preparing this drink at home is the reason for its popularity.
The combination of espresso, homemade brown sugar apple crisp syrup, and milk is all you need to have a good time this fall. You can make this easy recipe as an iced macchiato or hot macchiato. However, it is imperative to follow the recipe for each version accurately.
Why You Will Love Making This Drink at Home
- Easy: You will only need to make the syrup, which can be stored for a week!
- Save Time: Learn to prepare this fall drink at home and avoid long pesky lines at Starbucks.
- Two Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg are the only spices you need!
- Fall Flavor: The delicious apple flavor captures the fall season's magic.
- Save Money: Getting Starbucks daily can be expensive, so making a homemade version saves money!
- Healthier (possibly): By preparing the beverage at home, you can control the amount of syrup added to the drink. Perhaps making it healthier.
What Does The Crisp Apple Macchiato Taste Like?
This Starbucks apple crisp macchiato review will convince you to try the delicious fall drink at home. So what does it taste like?
One of Starbucks' Fall Drinks tastes like an apple crisp or apple pie with all fall spices. Delivering a nice kick of spices, the drink offers smooth apple flavors. The beverage is layered with apple pie's filling flavors and brown sugar paired with caramelized spice drizzle and steamed milk espresso. This drink tastes as delicious as it sounds. The warm version offers the warmth of fall, whereas the ice version is a refreshing beverage.
If you are looking for a hearty beverage, opt for the hot version, which tastes like a warm apple pie on a cold day. The apple crisp macchiato is a balanced, easy-to-prepare drink without an overpowering coffee taste. Even though the drink is lovely, you can always request one less pump of apple brown sugar syrup or prepare it at home for more customization.
For other Starbucks copycat recipes, check out these recipes:
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato Starbucks Copycat Recipe, including how to make the syrup. As an alternative, you can purchase a similar syrup on Amazon.
Apple Crisp Syrup
- Apple Cider - 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1 cup - Brown sugar gives a rich caramel flavor. You can utilize light or dark brown sugar for this recipe.
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon - If fall had a taste, cinnamon would be it!
- Ground Nutmeg - ½ teaspoon - Nutmeg would also be included in the fall flavor category.
Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Apple Syrup - 1 tablespoon
- Oat Milk - 1 cup - Use oat milk to replicate the 2022 updated beverage. You can utilize your favorite alternatives, such as regular milk, whole milk, 2% milk, cashew milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
- Espresso - 2 shots - A macchiato comprises espresso. To create a layered effect, you will need a fresh double shot poured into the drink last.
Place the apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens and is reduced by half. Fully cool. Go to step two for iced instructions. Go to step three for hot instructions.
Make two shots of espresso. Fill a glass with ice cubes. Layer with apple syrup poured first, followed by oatmilk and expresso. Drizzle with caramel if desired.
Note: always pour the espresso last so it does not melt the ice.
Heat oat milk either using an espresso machine or microwave. Froth the milk using a milk frother. Layer with oat milk first, followed by espresso and apple syrup. Top with froth and caramel if desired.
How is the 2022 Drink Different from 2021 Drink?
Wondering if the apple crisp macchiato will have a different formulation in 2022? You are right. Starbucks has altered the ingredients of this drink this year. Previously, the drink was made using regular espresso and 2% milk, and now it is made with blonde espresso and oat milk.
These alterations make an even more delicious drink. The creaminess of oat milk enhances the texture and gives the drink a similar taste to a freshly baked slice of apple crisp. Moreover, the blonde espresso complements well with the apple cinnamon flavors.
How to Customize This Drink
While preparing an apple Starbucks drink at home, you will have complete control over what you want to add to the beverage. To customize your drink, you can do several substitutes and variations to match and tantalize your taste buds:
- Milk Options: Starbucks initially used 2% milk but switched to oatmilk. You can make this drink with soy, almond, or cashew milk.
- Hot or Iced Variations: It is a versatile Starbucks Fall Drink because you can prepare it as a hot beverage for warm, cozy evenings or be refreshed with double espresso shots in a chilled version on a warm fall day.
- Drizzle Options: Although most people choose a spiced apple drizzle, you can pair this drink with a Mocha or Caramel drizzle.
- Toppings: Pumpkin spice or Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles are two topping choices offered by Starbucks. You can also top your drink with whipped cream, milk foam, or extra milk froth.
How to Store the Syrup
The syrup for this apple Starbucks drink is enough for 16 grande-sized apple macchiatos. You can store the syrup in the fridge by pouring it into an airtight container. The syrup will be good for about 1-2 weeks (if it lasts that long!).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the apple Starbucks drink does have caffeine. It is made with freshly brewed espresso, which has about 65-75mg of caffeine. If you want a caffeine-free alternative, add decaf espresso.
Yes. This recipe and the Starbucks recipe are both dairy-free.
Milk to espresso is the difference between the two. A traditional latte is ⅓ espresso and ⅔ creamy steamed milk, whereas a traditional macchiato is ⅔ espresso and ⅓ steamed milk.
Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato Starbucks does have frothed oatmilk in it. However, when preparing it, you can leave it, and the delicious flavors in the drink will stay the same. If you do not have a milk frother, you can leave it out. Whipped cream also tastes great on top!
Did you make this? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out. You can also take a picture and tag me on Facebook.
Starbucks Crisp Apple Oatmilk Macchiato - 2 Ways
- 1 Espresso machine
- 1 Small saucepan
Apple Syrup - 16 Servings
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato - 1 Serving
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup oatmilk
- 1 tablespoon apple syrup
- Apple SyrupPlace the apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens and is reduced by half. Fully cool.* Go to step two for iced instructions. Go to step three for hot instructions.1 cup apple cider, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato VariationMake two shots of espresso. Fill a glass with ice. Layer with apple syrup poured first, followed by oatmilk and expresso. Top with caramel if desired.Note: always pour in the espresso last so it does not melt the ice.2 shots espresso, 1 cup oatmilk, 1 tablespoon apple syrup
- Hot Apple Crisp Macchiato VariationHeat oat milk either using an espresso machine or microwave. Froth the milk using a frother. Layer with oat milk first, followed by espresso, and apple syrup. Top with froth and caramel if desired.2 shots espresso, 1 cup oatmilk, 1 tablespoon apple syrup
Leave a Reply