Crave the deliciousness of Chick-fil-A’s Kale Crunch Salad without leaving home? This easy copycat recipe allows you to enjoy your favorite kale salad anytime, anywhere. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a replica of this popular side dish that’s both healthy and flavorful.
This kale salad is packed with nutrient-rich kale, cabbage, and roasted almonds and tossed in a tangy apple cider and Dijon mustard vinaigrette. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal, whether you’re looking for a light and refreshing summer salad or a hearty and healthy winter dish.
Plus, this copycat recipe is easy to make and customize to your liking. Would you prefer a sweeter dressing? Add a bit more maple syrup. Want heat? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper. No matter how you make it, this kale salad is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
Kale Crunch Salad: My Go-To in a Pinch
I love Chick-fil-A’s Kale Crunch Salad, but I don’t always have time to go to the restaurant. That’s why I created this copycat recipe. It’s just as delicious as the original, and it’s so easy to make at home.
I’m not usually a fan of chicken restaurants, but I made an exception for Chick-fil-A one day because my family was hungry and wanted Chick-fil-A. I was so surprised at how much I loved the Kale Crunch Salad! The kale and sweet and tangy mustard dressing are a perfect combination. I even ordered a second one to go for later.
This copycat recipe has become a weeknight staple in my home. It’s so quick and easy to make, and my whole family loves it. Sometimes, we make the Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese copycat recipe as well. It is affectionately referred to as our copycat dinner night.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flavor: Combining kale, cabbage, roasted almonds, apple cider, and Dijon mustard vinaigrette creates a complex and flavorful salad.
- Nutritional value: Kale is a nutrient-rich leafy green vegetable that is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The other ingredients in the salad are also nutritious, making this a healthy and satisfying side dish option.
- Convenience: This salad is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. It’s the perfect weeknight meal or side dish for a crowd.
Dijon Mustard Vinegatte Dressing
Step One: Kale
Wash and dry the kale. Remove the tough center ribs with your hands or a knife, and tear or cut the leaves into small pieces. To soften the texture, massage the kale in a medium bowl with about a teaspoon of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Step Two: Combine
- To make the dressing: Combine the apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a mason jar or small bowl. Shake or whisk until well combined.
- To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss the kale, cabbage, and dressing. Sprinkle with roasted almonds and additional salt and pepper to taste.
One of the best things about making this salad at home is that you can customize it to your liking. Here are a few suggestions for flavorful additions:
|Avocado (1/2 medium)||Sliced for a creamy texture.|
|Dried fruit (1/4 cup)||Add your favorite dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins, or apricots, for a sweet and tart kick.|
|Feta or Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)||Crumbled feta or Parmesan cheese will add a salty and savory flavor.|
|Chickpeas (1/2 cup)||Cooked chickpeas for a protein-packed addition|
Frequently Asked Questions
The salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, it is best to enjoy it within 2 days for the freshest flavor and texture.
Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time. Massage the kale and cabbage with the dressing, and then store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat, add the roasted almonds and enjoy.
If you don’t have roasted almonds, you can substitute another type of nut, such as walnuts or pecans. You can also omit the almonds altogether.
The salad can be served as a side dish, main course, or snack. It can also be topped with grilled chicken, tofu, or fish.
Did you make this? Leave a rating and a comment. You can also take a picture and tag me on Facebook.
Chick-fil-A Copycat Recipe Kale Crunch Salad
- Mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
Dijon Mustard Vinegrette Dressing
- ¼ cup (10g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10g) fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15) dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey Vegans swap with blue agave or maple syrup at a 1:1 ratio.
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (268g) curly kale chopped
- 1 cup (89g) green cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup (36g) roasted almonds
- Step One: Kale – OptionalWash and dry the kale with paper towels. Remove the rib with your hands or a knife, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place the bite-sized pieces in a medium-sized bowl. Toss with about a teaspoon of olive oil and a small squeeze of lemon. Massage the kale with your hands for 2-3 minutes.4 cups (268g) curly kale
- Step Two: Dijon Mustard Vinegrette Dressing – Using a mason jar or a small bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.1/4 cup (10g) extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons (10g) fresh lemon, 1 tablespoon (15) dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons (30) apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons (42g) honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step Two: Combine Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, combine the kale and shredded green cabbage. Top with Dijon Mustard Vinegrette Dressing. Sprinkle the roasted almond on top. Add salt and black pepper to taste.1 cup (89g) green cabbage, 1/4 cup (36g) roasted almonds
- Store any extra dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve the salad in a large salad bowl or individual plates.
- This recipe serves 4-6 people as a side dish or 2-3 people as a main course.
- To make the dressing vegan, substitute blue agave or maple syrup for honey at a 1:1 ratio.