The Apple pie cocktail recipe is filled with all the warm flavors of fall; Apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whipped cream. Enjoy it at home or serve at a holiday party. Either way, it always brings the wow factor!
If you remember sharing delicious, classic comfort desserts with your friends and family, you will love this "slice of apple pie" drink. This cocktail is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holiday gatherings. Whipping this drink is easy, as it only requires five ingredients.
You can prepare the base in advance, making it easy to mix this adult beverage in a couple of minutes. Serve it at your next family gathering; everyone will ask you for the recipe!
I like to serve it as a cocktail or after-dinner drink paired with a cinnamon roll apple cobbler.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Warm Flavors
- Easy to Make
- It tastes like liquid apple pie
- Perfect fall and holiday cocktail
Several variations can you can follow to make this drink. However, this one is my favorite! 4:1 ratio. Four parts apple cider to one part vodka. If you like your drinks stronger, increase the amount of vodka added to the drink.
Apple Cider - 4 cups: Apple cider is an unfiltered, unsweetened juice extracted from apples - basically an unfiltered apple juice. Look for fresh apple cider for the best flavor! Apple cider is not carbonated or alcoholic, making this the perfect base.
Brown Sugar - ¼ cup: Brown sugar will be used for the apple pie cocktail base and on the rim of the glass if you choose. It offers the perfect balance of flavors and will bring the sweetness that your holiday cocktail requires.
Ground Allspice - ¼ teaspoon: Perfect fall flavor. If you dislike allspice, you can omit it, and the drink will still taste like apple pie.
Ground Cinnamon - ½ teaspoon: This is a must-have ingredient to create the apple pie flavor!
Vanilla Vodka - 8 ounces: Vodka infused with vanilla adds warmth to this cocktail.
In the Mood for a Different Drink?
This apple pie drink recipe is fun because it's quick to make, doesn't require too many ingredients, and has a delightful taste. Prepare this cocktail with the following process:
Create Apple Pie Base: Using a small saucepan over low heat, combine the apple cider, brown sugar, and allspice. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the mix to come to room temperature before serving.
Mix Drink: Add the vodka and mix once the base has cooled. Add one part base (1 cup) with one part vanilla vodka (2oz) for individual drinks.
Garnish Suggestions: Sugar rims your glass with brown sugar for a toasty holiday feel. Top with whipped cream for a whole apple pie flavor. Add a cinnamon stick for a holiday look.
How to Sugar Rim Your Glass
A sugar-rimmed glass adds sparkle and extra flavor while impressing your guests. Instead of using salt and lime, which is done on margaritas, a cinnamon sugar rim works excellent for this holiday cocktail.
Start by mixing brown sugar with a touch of cinnamon. I like brown sugar because the molasses brings another layer of warm flavor. Another alternative is turbinado sugar, which matches apple cider's golden hue.
You will need something sticky to wet the edge of the sugar rim of a glass. I recommend honey, simple syrup, maple syrup, or blue agave for an apple pie cocktail.
Do you love to drink with your eyes? Add attention-grabbing garnishes to this refreshing apple pie drink. It will surely give your cocktail glass a fancy touch:
- Apple Slice – Cut into a wedge, or if the apple is small, slice it in half and cut a small circle. Be sure to remove the core and seeds in the center.
- Brown Sugar Rim - You and your guests will love the extra sweetness. See above for more details.
- Cinnamon Stick – The holiday look of cinnamon sticks goes perfectly with apple pie.
- Ground Cinnamon or Nutmeg - Dust on top for the perfect holiday look and extra flavor!
- Vegan Whipped Cream - You make or buy vegan whipped cream. For this recipe, I used canned almond milk whipped cream. I found it next to the traditional whipped cream in the grocery store.
- Whipped Cream - Apple pie and whipped cream are like peanut butter and jelly. As you can tell from the pictures, I like this drink with a lot of whipped cream! (Doesn't everyone?
The warmth of bourbon goes perfectly with this apple pie cocktail recipe. If you want a new bourbon to try, I recommend Fort Hamilton. They are a small distillery out of Brooklyn. Their bourbon is double-barreled. The result is a warm small, crafted bourbon.
Baileys Apple Pie
Baileys offers an apple pie version of their Irish cream during the fall and holidays. Instead of vodka, use Bailey's apple pie. The result will be a creamier drink with double the apple pie flavor!
Did someone say Fireball goes great with apple pie? I did! Switch out the vodka with Fireball or another cinnamon whiskey to turn up the spice -- and heat -- with this drink.
Tuaca and apples go hand and hand! Even though Tuaca is an Italian brandy with vanilla and orange flavor, it tastes great with apple pie! Use this in place of vodka to add additional warmth to the flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! If you cannot find apple cider at the local store or prefer apple juice, substitute the cider with juice at a 1:1 ratio. This substitute will give a fresh flavor because the liquid is filtered and goes through additional processing. Your drink will not have a foggy appearance and will taste cleaner and crisp. It is best to opt for a brand offering 100% juice rather than one with added sugars.
Yes, you can. Just add a little vanilla extract to create that warm vanilla flavor.
Apple cider is generally available in the fall, making it difficult to make an apple pie drink recipe. If you cannot find apple cider at the local store, substitute it with apple juice. It is best to opt for a brand offering 100% juice rather than one with added sugars. This substitute will give a fresh flavor because the juice is filtered and goes through additional processing. Your drink will not have a foggy appearance and will taste cleaner and crisp.
Did you make this? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out.
Apple Pie Cocktail
- 4 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 8 oz vanilla vodka
- Create Apple Pie Base: Using a small saucepan over low heat, combine the apple cider, brown sugar, and allspice. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the mix to come to room temperature before serving. * The base creates enough for four drinks. One part base = 1 cup.4 cups apple cider, ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Mix Drink: Once the base has cooled add the vodka and mix. For individual drinks add one part base (1 cup) with one part vanilla vodka (2oz).8 oz vanilla vodka