This delicious no-bake strawberry crunch topping is so scrumptious you will be asking for more. Seriously, who could resist the sweet strawberry flavor? Convert it into a
Strawberry shortcake crumbles are so easy to make and will be an instant hit. Really, all you need to do is place Golden Oreos, freeze-dried strawberries, and melted butter into a food processor. How easy is that?
Place the crumbles in an oven for an extra crunch, but that is totally optional.
The result is a sweet, but not too sweet, topping that can be used in cakes, cheesecakes, on top of ice cream, granola, or smoothies.
But if you are like me and find strawberry crumbles irresistible. Eat them solo as a light sweet snack any time of the day.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
- It only has three ingredients – You will not need excessive ingredients to get a flavor-packed topping for a cake.
- Easy to make - Strawberry crumbles are so easy to make they are impossible to mess up. Literally.
- Perfect Gift – Want to get creative when giving a gift? Send love with these bright crumbles. Just get a jar, put the crunch, and make it pretty with a ribbon.
- Pink-Themed Party - Go all in and have a pink-themed party by serving my vegan strawberry cake and topping it with these strawberry crumbles and pink chocolate-covered Oreos.
Best Ways to Enjoy Strawberry Crunch
- Breakfast: It can be the perfect quick breakfast option. Mix strawberry crumbles in Greek yogurt. Sprinkle on top of pancakes or waffles for a special breakfast!
- Cake - Sprinkled on top or between the layers of a cake.
- Ice Cream - Top vanilla ice cream with these crumbles for the perfect dessert!
- Milkshake - Add strawberry crunch crumbles to your next milkshake. Or better yet, go all in and add them to an Oreo milkshake. It's the best of everything: strawberry, chocolate and vanilla!
- Mug Cake - Enjoy as a topping with this 3 ingredient mug cake.
- Straight from the jar: If you are like me, then you will enjoy these summery strawberry crunchies straight from the jar.
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars - Bring the wow by dusting these crumbles outside your favorite ice cream bars to make strawberry shortcake bars.
How to Make Strawberry Crunch Topping
If you are wondering how to make a strawberry crunch topping, be ready for this easy recipe. Skip the fresh strawberries and use freeze-dried strawberries for an intense flavor.
Toss the dry ingredients, freeze-dried strawberries, and Golden Oreos into a food processor. Pulse it several times, and then add melted unsalted butter to the mix. Keep pulsing until the strawberry crunch cake crumbles reach the desired consistency: small or coarse crumbs.
Spread an even layer of crumbles onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 7 -10 minutes. Allow time to cool to room temperature and break into smaller pieces. That is all there is to it!
If you do not have a food processor at home, put the Oreo cookies and strawberries in a gallon-size freezer ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush both ingredients into crumbs. Transfer vegan cookies and strawberry crumbs to a bowl and stir in your melted butter. That's it! The three-ingredient recipe is quick and simple yet doesn’t lack in deliciousness. You will find yourself eating it with a spoon.
Watch How to Make Strawberry Topping
Strawberry Crumbles Go Great With
- Sprinkle on top of cream cheese frosting for the perfect cupcake.
- Roll on the outside of your choice ice cream bar for a flavor pop.
- Use as a topping on vanilla ice cream for strawberry shortcake ice cream!
- Make any cake into a strawberry shortcake by using this topping.
- New York cheesecake topping to make a strawberry crunch cheesecake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, these strawberry shortcake crumbles can be turned into a vegan option. You will need to swap out the butter in this recipe, given that Golden Oreos are considered to be vegan. Replacing vegan butter will change the recipe and will be good for people who love sweets but are vegan.
The short answer is yes, use plant-based butter, and this recipe is vegan.
The long answer is, well, it depends on if you view Oreos as vegan. Oreos are generally considered vegan. However, some vegans feel Oreos could be made with sugar refined with bone char making it non-vegan. In that case, I recommend looking for vegan Oreo cookies or vanilla wafers.
You will need to crush the Oreos for this super delicious crunchy topping. That can be done with a food processor. Another option is to use a freezer ziplock bag and hit it with the rolling pin to crush the ingredients.
The best part of these strawberry crumbles is that they are easy to store. Whether you want to put it in the freezer or the fridge, it will stay fresh for serving.
Refrigerator Instructions - Put the crumbles in an airtight container and place them in the fridge for approximately four days. If you want the same level of crispiness, rewarm the toppings in the oven.
Freezer Instructions - Put the crumbles in an airtight container and freeze them for up to one month. Before serving, you must thaw the crumbles in the fridge for a day.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating and let me know how it turned out. Or take a picture and tag me on Instagram.
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- 1 Food processor or rolling pin
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 Parchment paper
- 36 Golden Oreos (14.3 oz package)
- 1.2 Oz (34 g) Freeze-dried strawberries
- ½ cup (114g) Butter (plant-based for vegan option)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter.36 Golden Oreos (14.3 oz package), 1.2 Oz (34 g) Freeze-dried strawberries, ½ cup (114g) Butter (plant-based for vegan option)
- Pulse: Place the cookies and strawberries in a food processor and pulse 5 - 6 times or until the cookies form dime-sized pieces. Add the melted butter and pulse two more times to combine. The crumbles are perfect to eat after this setp.
Follow the Next Step for Crunchier Crumbles.
- Crunchier Crumbles: Place strawberry mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and pat it into a rectangle. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Using your hands, crumble it into smaller pieces. You can also use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.