Four-ingredient spicy aioli sauce is made in two minutes. Aioli is perfect for burgers, sandwich spreads, or a dipping sauce!
If you love spicy, creamy sauces, this spicy sriracha aioli recipe is for you. Made using adding Sriracha hot sauce to add heat, this quick aioli is perfection!
Table of Contents
What is Sriracha Aioli?
Sriracha is a hot chili sauce that originated in Thailand and is made with garlic, sugar, chili peppers, salt, and vinegar. Known for its bright red color, It combines a sweet and spicy flavor.
All you have to do is mix Sriracha, mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, and salt together. It really is that easy! The result is a creamy, tangy, and slightly sweet condiment.
Sometimes referred to as a sriracha mayo recipe, it pairs perfectly with fried foods such as french fries, chicken tenders, or shrimp. I like to use it as a spread on sandwiches, a dipping sauce for oven-roasted vegetables, and mixed in with potato salads.
I recommend using it wherever you eat mayonnaise to give your dish an extra kick.
Why This Recipe Works
No Prep Time! – The entire process takes about a minute to complete. Yep, spicy aioli from scratch is that easy to make at home!
Make Only As Much as Needed – You can make enough for one serving or whip up two batches and place the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Easily Modified – Easily modified into a vegan recipe using vegan or homemade mayo. You can also adjust the spice level by adding more or less Sriracha.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is at the heart of my Spicy Sriracha Aioli recipe. This creamy and rich sauce forms the base.
Sriracha Chili Sauce: Made from chili peppers, garlic, sugar, and vinegar, Sriracha adds a unique blend of heat and subtle sweetness to this recipe.
Lime: Lime juice adds a refreshing finish.
Salt: Adding a pinch of salt enhances the ingredients’ overall flavor. Salt also balances the heat from the Sriracha and the acidity from the lime.
Whisk mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl until a smooth sauce forms. Mix in fresh lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust the spice to your desired preference. Yep, it’s that easy spicy sauce recipe!
Aioli is highly versatile; you can adapt it to different cuisines for an equally delicious experience. Here are some of the variations that you can try if you love experimenting with new flavors:
Basil – might sound odd initially, but basil sriracha aioli is a perfect match. Basil adds a fresh herb flavor to balance out the spicy mayo.
Honey Sriracha Aioli – Also known as honey sriracha sauce, it is a mixture of Sriracha, honey, and one garlic clove. Sriracha gives a delicious heat, honey brings sweetness, and the mayo base gives it a rich and creamy texture. The recipe pairs excellently with everything from spicy honey chicken to beef and veggies.
Fresh Lemon Juice – Change the flavor slightly and add fresh lemon juice instead of fresh lime juice.
Vegan – You can easily modify this homemade Sriracha aioli to a vegan version by swapping mayo or Vegenaise.
What to Serve with Sriracha Aioli
This spicy sauce has so many uses; here are a few of my favorites.
- Burgers – Add a dollop of sriracha aioli on your next vegan or hamburger.
- Crab Cakes – Sriracha lime aioli will pair perfectly with hot summers and crab cakes.
- Fish Tacos – Add a sweet-spicy flavor to your fish tacos.
- French Fries – Use as a dipping sauce for traditional French fries, sweet potato fries or zucchini fries.
- Poke Bowl – Making a poke bowl is super easy. Add spicy aioli for a flavor kick!
- Potato, Pasta, and Macaroni Salads – Put a sweet and spicy twist on your next salad using Sriachi aioli instead of mayonnaise.
- Roasted Vegetables – Enjoy as a spicy dipping sauce with roasted potatoes and other vegetables.
- Sandwich Spreads – Use sriracha aioli instead of mayonnaise or mustard for a spicy kick on your next sandwich. I love it on my vegan chicken sandwiches!
Frequently Asked Questions
This quick recipe is vegan and very easily made. Use your favorite plant-based mayonnaise and ensure your aioli is vegan.
Place any leftover sauce in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using, stir well to reincorporate the ingredients and give a fresh squeeze of lime juice. Do not freeze aioli.
Yes, sriracha aioli is mildly spicy. However, when you combine it with mayo, the heat level decreases. You can also add less Sriracha for a milder flavor.
The aioli is a perfect blend of flavors. It is slightly tangy, sweet, and spicy.
Did you make this? Let me know how it turned out in a comment below, or take a picture and tag me on Facebook.
Easy Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small whisk or fork
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1 salt (optional) pinch
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until the ingredients are throughly mixed.1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce, 1 lime juice, 1 salt (optional) pinch