A simple spicy sriracha aioli is perfect for sandwiches, vegetables, fries, burgers, and so much more! Made in two minutes with four ingredients, this sriracha aioli recipe is a quick recipe that will enhance the flavor of whatever you are eating.
If you love tangy and spicy sauces, this spicy sriracha aioli recipe is for you. Sriracha hot sauce is Asian in origin and has become popular around the world. Combining this hot sauce with mayo makes a perfect aioli!
The best part: preparing the recipe at home is less expensive, and you can control the flavor ratio!
What is Sriracha Aioli?
Sriracha is a hot chili sauce that originated in Thailand and is made with garlic, sugar, chili peppers, salt, and vinegar. Known for its bright red color, It combines a sweet and spicy flavor.
Make sriracha aioli by mixing Sriracha hot sauce, mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, and salt together. It really is that easy! The result is a creamy, tangy, and slightly sweet condiment.
Sometimes referred to as a sriracha mayo recipe, it pairs perfectly with fried foods such as french fries, chicken tenders, or shrimp. I like to use it as a spread on sandwiches, a dipping sauce for oven-roasted vegetables, and mixed in with potato salads.
I recommend using it where ever you eat mayonnaise to give your dish an extra kick.
Why This Recipe Works
No Prep Time! - The entire process takes about a minute to complete. Yep, aioli from scratch is that easy to make at home!
Make Only As Much as Needed - You can make enough for one serving or whip up two separate batches and place leftover sauce in the refrigerator for about a week.
Easily Modified - Easily modified into a vegan recipe by using vegan mayo or homemade mayo. You can also modify the heat by adding more or less Sriracha.
Sriracha Aioli Ingredients
- Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise - 1 cup - Use your favorite brand of mayo, vegan mayonnaise, or homemade mayo.
- Sriracha Chili Sauce - 2 tbsp - You can adjust the spice by adding more sriracha or less siracha sauce.
- Lime - juiced - freshly squeezed lime juice balances out the flavor. If you don't have limes, substitute an equal amount of lemon juice.
- Salt - 1 pinch (optional)
How to Make Homemade Sriracha Aioli
Combine mayo and sriracha in a small bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Whisk together until the sauce is an even color. Taste and adjust the sriracha chile sauce to your desired preference. Yep, it's that easy!
Aioli sauce is highly versatile; you can adapt it to different cuisines for an equally delicious experience. Here are some of the variations that you can try if you love experimenting with new flavors:
- Basil - might sound odd at first, but basil sriracha aioli is a perfect match. Basil adds a fresh herb flavor to balance out the spicy mayo.
- Chipotle – Chipotle peppers have a smoky flavor that deepens the overall flavor. Add a tiny bit of chipotle to this recipe. Or if you really love chipotle, swap it for siracha altogether.
- Honey Sriracha Aioli – Also known as honey sriracha sauce, it is a mixture of Sriracha, honey, and one garlic clove. Sriracha gives a delicious heat, honey brings sweetness, and the mayo base gives it a rich and creamy texture. The recipe pairs excellently with everything from spicy honey chicken to beef and veggies.
- Make it Without Mayo - You can prepare this aioli recipe without mayo by blending two room-temperature egg yolks, ½ cup of neutral oil, and ½ cup of olive oil until smooth.
- Make it Vegan – You can easily adjust this Sriracha aioli to a vegan version by swapping mayo.
Other Favorite Sinful Kitchen Sauces
What to Serve with Sriracha Aioli
Its simple Sriracha aioli is used in burger spreads, fish taco toppings, and spicy dipping sauce for french fries and vegetables. Look at this dish which pairs well with aioli sriracha.
- Crab Cakes – Undoubtedly, an aioli sauce goes perfectly with seafood. Offering exceptional flavor, sriracha lime aioli will pair perfectly with crab cakes.
- Poke Bowl – Making a poke bowl is super easy. Adding this homemade sriracha aioli sauce will make it incredibly delicious. With this sauce, you will enjoy exquisite flavors.
- Fish Tacos - A taco is only as good as the toppings you put on it. Add this adds sweet-spicy flavor to your fish tacos, making it a meal you will remember.
- French Fries – You will love dipping French fries in sriracha without mayo or this aioli. Moreover, you can enjoy it with zucchini fritters or zucchini fries.
- Burger – Put a dollop of sriracha chile sauce on your burger. This simple burger spread will make your veggie burger irresistible.
- Roasted Vegetables – Whether you love roasted potatoes or want to dip your veggies in a delicious sauce: Sriracha lime aioli is an easy go-to dipping sauce.
- Potato, Pasta, and Macaroni Salads - Put a sweet and spicy twist on your next salad using Sriachi aioli instead of mayonnaise.
You can use this tasty condiment with ANYTHING! There are no rules to how to use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
This quick recipe is vegan and very easily made. Use your favorite plant-based mayonnaise and ensure your aioli is vegan.
Storing this Sriracha aioli sauce is easy. Take an airtight container and store your sauce in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Do not freeze the sauce because the ingredients don’t do well. It is imperative to stir the sauce before using it again to reach the original consistency.
Yes, sriracha aioli is a mildly spicy sauce. The hot sriracha sauce is made with chili pepper, making the aioli naturally spicy. However, when you combine it with mayo, the heat goes down. People who prefer a milder sauce can decrease the quantity of Sriracha. To prepare extra spicy lime aioli, add more sriracha sauce.
The aioli sauce is a perfect blend of flavors. It is slightly tangy and spicy. In addition, the sauce also has a hint of sweetness from the sugar present in sriracha.
Did you make this? Let me know how it turned out in a comment below, or take a picture and tag me on Facebook.
Easy Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small whisk or fork
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1 salt (optional) pinch
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until the ingredients are throughly mixed.1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce, 1 lime juice, 1 salt (optional) pinch
Leave a Reply