These easy air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts are ready in just 20 minutes! They have a singly crispy layer on the outside and steamed tender on the inside. You don’t even need to thaw! Toss the frozen sprouts with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder, then spread them in a single layer and air fry!
Looking for a quick and easy side dish that’s also healthy and delicious? Try air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts! This simple recipe takes only 20 minutes to prepare and requires no thawing. The result is perfectly cooked Brussels sprouts with a crispy exterior and tender interior.
Brussels sprouts are a nutrient-dense vegetable packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are also a good source of fiber and protein. Air frying is a healthy cooking method that uses little to no oil, so this recipe is a great way to enjoy all the benefits of Brussels sprouts without adding unnecessary fat and calories. (Source: USDA Food Composition Database.)
To make air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts, toss the frozen sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes or until crispy. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Frozen Brussels sprouts: Any brand of frozen Brussels sprouts will work. You do not need to thaw them before air frying.
- Olive oil or avocado oil: Olive oil is a light and flavorful oil that is perfect for air frying Brussels sprouts. Avocado oil is another good option, as it has a high smoke point and is healthy.
- Salt: A small amount of salt is all you need to bring out the flavor of the Brussels sprouts.
- Garlic powder (optional): Garlic powder is a great way to flavor your Brussels sprouts. However, it is optional, so feel free to omit it if you prefer.
Watch how to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Step One: Prep
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Toss the frozen Brussels sprouts in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder (optional) until evenly coated.
Step Two: Air Fry
- Spread the sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- The sprouts are ready when they have a golden brown, crispy layer on the outside and are soft on the inside.
For a casual and easy side dish, serve your air fryer Brussels sprouts with a dipping sauce. They take just a few minutes to whip up, and many options exist. Here are a few ideas:
|Visit Garlic, Salt and Lime to get it just right (She perfected it!)
|Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, and olive oil to taste.
|Honey Mustard Sauce
|Combine honey, mustard, and a splash of vinegar to taste.
|Spicy Sraiachi Aioli
|Combine mayonnaise, sriracha, and lemon juice to taste.
|Tahini Lemon Sauce
|Combine tahini, lemon juice, water, and garlic powder to taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Place them in a preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes to reheat.
During freezing, water inside forms ice crystals. These ice crystals can damage the cell walls and structure of the vegetable, which can contribute to a softer texture when they are later cooked.
Yes, Brussels sprouts are very good for you! They are nutrient-dense vegetables packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Brussels sprouts have been linked to several health benefits, including reduced inflammation, improved heart health, cancer prevention, and gut health. (Source: USDA Food Composition Database)
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts: Easy and Delicious
- 1 air fryer
- 1 small bowl
- 1 Wood spoon
- 1 pound (12 ounces) Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Toss the frozen Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and tender inside, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese/vegan Parmesan cheese or a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts frozen without thawing. Arrange them in a single layer in the basket, touching but not stacked.
- Cooking time: Air fryers vary in power, so cook the Brussels sprouts until they are crispy on the outside. The cooking time will vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer.
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them in a preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey or blue agave
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- In a saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened and reduced by about half, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in the pomegranate arils.
- Drizzle the glaze over the Brussels sprouts when you are ready to serve.