How to Make Tomato Sauce
How to Make
A step-by-step guide to making delicious, homemade tomato sauce.
This recipe is easy to make, takes five ingredients and 30 minutes! The result is a versital tomato sauce packed with flavor!
– Any whole tomatoes (San Marzano taste best!)
– Extra Virgin Olive oil
– Tomato paste
– Fresh basil leaves
– Add red pepper flakes to spice it up!
– Add red wine for a depth of flavor
– A touch of sugar can reduce the tomato acidity
STEP ONE: PREP
Place the canned tomatoes and their juice in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
STEP TWO: SAUTE
Saute minced garlic for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and cook until it darkens in color, about 2-3 minutes.
STEP THREE: SIMMER
Add the tomato sauce and half of the fresh basil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve it Up!
While your spaghetti sauce is simmering, cook your pasta, drain, and toss the pasta with the spaghetti sauce.
Remember to Garnish
– Top with fresh basil for a pop of flavor
– Sprinkle parmesan cheese/vegan parmesan to add richness
– A pinch of red pepper flakes to add spice!
Get the full recipe and all of Sinful Kitchen's delicious vegan recipes by clicking on the 'Learn More' button.